31 May Senior Beauty Therapist – London
JOB TITLE: Senior Beauty Therapist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Club Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Beauty / Massage Therapists
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: To be responsible for overall efficiency of the Beauty section within the spa.
Drive revenue in relation to budget and maintain levels of service provided are conducive with a four star hotel.
- Develop and manage a selling culture within the beauty and reception team to maximise sales of both treatments and products.
- Manage the selling of high premium treatments and packages during peak times.
- Review and recommend changes to the treatment list and spa packages to maximise sales.
- Monitor stock of retail and professional products in comparison to treatments purchased – bring shortages to attention of the club manager
- Manage stockholding, stock costs and ensure replenishment of products in a timely fashion – Ensure company purchase procedures are followed.
- Drive the team to be pro active in their sales approach and actively outreaching appointments, including phone calls, distributing flyers and marketing
- Manage a high standard of service and treatment within the club, to ensure client retention
- To liaise with booking agents, ensuring our packages are booked correctly and properly, in line with our SOP’s
- Follow beauty booking procedures by monitoring all bookings, ensuring all bookings have full payment in advance or credit card details are secured.
- To write rotas whilst liaising with the Operations Supervisors in advance, enabling future bookings to be undertaken.
- Ensure a balanced rota in which all team members work weekends equally including the Senior Therapist.
- The organisation of the therapists’ work schedules and covering of any absences due to holidays, sickness or bank holidays, whilst staying within payroll restrictions.
- Identify staff training needs and organise any outstanding training for all team members as required.
- Carry out departmental health and safety inductions and training for all therapists
- Train reception staff fully on beauty information, prices, bookings and procedures.
- To establish a strong client base by encouraging customer loyalty and referral business.
- Communicate effectively with all team members through 1-2-1 and team meetings
- To ensure local authority therapist licences and other qualifications are present and record are kept
- Assist the Operations Supervisors in the development of the treatment rooms through monitoring competition and keeping up to date on industry trends.
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and available for use on demand as required by the business.
- Manage the operating instructions for the spa and the booking system, keeping them up to date with any changes and developments that are implemented.
- Undertake treatments on rota as required.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the beauty rooms ready for use and report any maintenance issues and ensure they are completed.
- Work on reception when required, and be aware of all bookings in the system and procedures required for them.
- Liaise with the Operations Supervisors to put together monthly beauty offers and promotions in conjunction with special monthly occasions and annual events.
- To ensure clients are screened prior to treatment and full records maintained.
- To manage bookings to ensure they are recorded correctly and efficiently and charged accordingly.
- To take reasonable care and responsibility for the Health & Safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To co-operate fully with the Company in maintaining a safe & secure working environment, adhering to all relevant Security, Fire, Health & Safety legislation and procedures.
- To be familiar with the Company Disciplinary & Grievance procedures, Absence notification procedures and Staff Rules & Regulations and ensure that you adhere to them at all times.
- To participate fully in any training identified as beneficial to you and your role.
- To undertake any other reasonable task or responsibility as required by the Operations Manager, Hotel Duty Manager or member of the senior management team in order to meet our business needs.